20.6.11

Shy


Well the heat is so great. It plays tricks with the eye. It turns the road into water. Then from water to sky. And there's a crack in the concrete floor. That starts at the sink. Yea, there's a bathroom in the gas station. And I've locked myself in it to think. Back in the city. The sun bakes the trash on the curb. The men are pissing in doorways. And the rats are running in herds. And I've got a dream with your face in it. That scares me awake. I've put too much on my table. Now I've got too much at stake. And I might let you off easy. Yea I might lead you on. I might wait for you to look for me. And then I might be gone. There's where I've come from and where I'm going. And I am lost in between I might go out to that phone booth. And leave a veiled invitation on your machine. And you'll stop me, won't you? If you've heard this one before. Oh the one where I surprise you by showing up at your front door. Saying, "Let's not ask what next or how or why I'm leaving in the morning. So let's not be shy. Don't be shy.  The door opens, the room winces. The housekeeper comes in without a warning. And I squint at the muscular motel lady. And say "Hey morning”. As she jumps her keys jingle. She leaves as quickly as she came in. And I roll over and taste the pillow with my grin. Well the sheets are twisted and damp. But the heat is so great. And I swear I can feel the mattress. Sinking underneath your weight. Boy your sleep is like a fever. And I'm glad when it ends. Oh the road flows like a river. And it pulls me round every bend. Stop me, won't you? If you've heard this one before. Oh the one where I surprise you.  By showing up at your front door. Saying, "Let's not ask what next or how or why. I am leaving in the morning. So let's not be shy" Don't be shy. Well the heat is so great . It plays tricks with the eye. It turns the road into water. Then from water to sky. And there's a crack in the concrete floor. It starts at the sink. There's a bathroom in the gas station. And I have locked myself in it to think. And you'll stop me, won't you? If you've heard this one before. yeah the one where I surprise you. By showing up at your front door. Saying, "Let's not ask what next or how or why I am leaving in the morning So let's not be shy" You'll stop me, won't you? If you've heard this one before yeah the one where I surprise you. By showing up at your front door. Saying, "Let's not ask what next how or why I'm leaving in the morning So let's not be shy" Don't be shy no dont be shy no don't be shy no don't be shy come on fucker don't be shy.

Ani Difranco - Not A Pretty Girl

(Fa tanta calor que enganya la vista. La carretera és aigua i l'aigua és cel. Hi ha una esquerda que comença a la pica. M'he tancat al lavabo de la gasolinera per pensar. A la ciutat, el sol rosteix la merda. Al carrer hi ha pixats i ramats de rates. Somio amb tu i em desperto espantada. Tinc massa coses per fer i m'hi jugo massa. Potser et perdonaré o et provocaré. Potser t'esperaré o desapareixeré. D'on vinc a on vaig, em perdo al mig. Potser et trucaré i et deixaré una invitació al contestador. M'ho diras, si ja te l'he explicada? La de presentar-me per sorpresa, dient: "No preguntem com ni per què. Me'n vaig demà. Res de timidesa" Timidesa. La porta s'obre. La conserge entra sense avisar. És musculosa. Dic "Buenos dias" i fa un bot. Se'n va com ha entrat i jo tasto el coixí. Els llançols s'enreden. Sento enfonsar-se el matalàs sota el teu pes. La son és una febre. Sort que s'acaba. L'asfalt és un riu que em porta on vol. M'ho diras, si ja te l'he explicada? La de presentar-me per sorpresa, dient: "No preguntem com ni per què. Me'n vaig demà. Res de timidesa" Timidesa. Fa tanta calor que enganya la vista. La carretera és aigua i l'aigua és cel. Hi ha una esquerda que comença a la pica. M'he tancat al lavabo de la gasolinera per pensar. M'ho diras, si ja te l'he explicada? La de presentar-me per sorpresa, dient: "No preguntem com ni per què. Me'n vaig demà. Res de timidesa" Timidesa )

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario