24.8.12

New York, New York


Well, I shuffled through the city on the 4th of July. I had a firecracker waiting to blowBreakin' like a rocket who makin' its way. To the cities of Mexico. Lived in an apartment out on Avenue A. I had a tar-hut on the corner of 10th. Had myself a lover who was finer than gold. But I've broken up and busted up since. And love don't play any games with me. Anymore like she did before. The world won't wait, so I better shake. That thing right out there through the door. Hell, I still love you, New York. Found myself a picture that would fit in the folds. Of my wallet and it stayed pretty good. Still amazed I didn't lose it on the roof of the place. When I was drunk and I was thinking of you. Every day the children they were singing their tune. Out on the streets and you could hear from inside. Used to take the subway up to Houston and 3rd. I would wait for you and I'd try to hide. And love won't play any games with me. Anymore if you don't want it to. The world won't wait and I watched you shake. But honey, I don't blame you. Hell, I still love you, New York. Hell, I still love you, New York. New York. I remember Christmas in the blistering cold. In a church on the upper west side. Babe, I stood their singing, I was holding your arm. You were holding my trust like a child. Found a lot of trouble out on Avenue B. But I tried to keep the overhead low. Farewell to the city and the love of my life. At least we left before we had to go. And love won't play any games with you. Anymore if you want 'em to. So we better shake this old thing out the door. I'll always be thinkin' of you. I'll always love you though New York. I'll always love you though New York, New York, New York.

Ryan Adams - Gold

(Pues bien, yo arrastraba mis pies por la ciudad un cuatro de Julio. Con un petardo a punto de estallar, como un cohete iniciando su camino hacia la ciudad de México. Vivía en un apartamento en la Avenida A. En una pequeña choza, en la esquina con la décima. Tenía una amante más fina que el oro, pero fracasé y lo dejamos. Desde entonces nunca he vuelto a sentir nada parecido a lo que sentía por ella. El mundo no espera, así que mejor me espabilo, que seguro algo me espera detrás de esa puerta. Qué demonios, yo todavía te amo Nueva York. Me encontré en una foto que podría encajar perfectamente en los pliegues de mi cartera, y lo hizo bastante bien. Todavía sorprendido, de no haberla perdido nunca por los tejados cuando estaba borracho pensando en ti. Todos los días los niños cantaban en la calle su melodía y tú la sentías en tu interior. Ya acostumbrado a coger el metro hasta Houston con la tercera, te esperaré y me esconderé y así el amor no volverá a jugármela nunca más si tú no quieres. El mundo no espera, te vi agitada, y cariño, no te culpo. Al infierno, todavía te quiero Nueva York! Todavía te quiero Nueva York, Nueva York. Recuerdo la Navidad, hacía un frío devastador. En una iglesia de la zona alta del oeste, cariño, les escuché cantar. Yo sostenía tu brazo y tú sostenías mi confianza como un niño. Encontré muchos problemas en la Avenida B, pero traté de controlar los gastos. Adiós a la ciudad y al amor de mi vida. Al menos nos fuimos antes de que nos echaran, y el amor no jugará ningún juego contigo nunca más si tú no quieres. Así que mejor sacudimos las cosas viejas fuera de la puerta. Siempre pensaré en ti, siempre te amaré muy a mi pesar Nueva York, siempre te amaré a mí pesar Nueva York, Nueva York, Nueva York.)

(lletra: micanciondehoy.com)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario