19.8.13

Maggie May


Wake up maggie i think i got something to say to you it's late september and i really should be back at school i know i keep you amused but i feel i'm being used oh maggie i couldn't have tried any more you lured me away from home just to save you from being alone you stole my heart and that's what really hurt The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age but that don't worry me none in my eyes you're everything i laughed at all of your jokes my love you didn't need to coax oh, maggie i couldn't have tried any more you lured me away from home, just to save you from being alone you stole my soul and that's a pain i can do without All i needed was a friend to lend a guiding hand but you turned into a lover and mother what a lover, you wore me out all you did was wreck my bed  and in the morning kick me in the head oh maggie i couldn't have tried anymore you lured me away from home 'cause you didn't want to be alone you stole my heart i couldn't leave you if i tried I suppose i could collect my books and get on back to school or steal my daddy's cue and make a living out of playing pool or find myself a rock and roll band that needs a helpin' hand oh maggie i wish i'd never seen your face you made a first-class fool out of me but i'm as blind as a fool can be you stole my heart but i love you anyway Maggie i wish i'd never seen your facei'll get on back home one of these days.

Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells A Story

(Despierta, Maggie, creo que tengo algo que decirte, está acabando septiembre y debería volver a clase, sé que te divierto pero me siento utilizado, oh, Maggie, no podría seguir intentándolo más, me atrajiste fuera de casa sólo por no estar sola, me robaste el corazón y es lo que de verdad duele. El sol de la mañana en tu cara delata tu edad, pero esto no me preocupa nada, en mis ojos tú lo eres todo, me reí de todos tus chistes, mi amor, no necesitabas convencerme, oh, Maggie, no podría intentarlo más, me atrajiste fuera de casa sólo por no estar sola, me robaste el alma y es un dolor del que puedo prescindir. Todo lo que necesitaba era una amiga para echarle una mano, pero te convertiste en amante y madre, qué amante, me agotabas, todo lo que hacías era destrozar la cama y por la mañana darme patadas en la cabeza, oh, Maggie, no podría intentarlo más, me atrajiste fuera de casa porque no querías estar sola, me robaste el corazón y no podría dejarte si lo intentara. Supuse que podría coger mis libros y volver a clase, o robar el taco de papá y vivir del billar, o buscarme una banda de rock and roll que necesite un cable, oh, Maggie, ojalá nunca hubiese visto tu cara, me hiciste quedar como un tonto de primera clase, pero soy tan ciego como un tonto puede ser, me robaste el corazón pero te quiero de todos modos. Maggie, ojalá nunca hubiese visto tu cara, volveré a casa uno de estos días.)


(lletra: musicamasalladeaca.blogspot.com.es)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario