23.12.12

Always gold


We were tight knit boys Brothers in more then name You would kill for me And knew that I'd do the same And it cut me sharp Hearing you'd gone away But everything goes away Yeah everything goes away But I'm going to be here until I'm nothing But bones in the ground And I was there, when you grew restless Left in the dead of night And I was there, when three months later You were standing in the door all beat and tired And I stepped aside Everything goes away Yeah everything goes away But I'm gonna be here until I'm nothing But bones in the ground So quiet downWe were opposites at birth I was steady as a hammer No one worried 'cause they knew just where I'd beAnd they said you were the crooked kindAnd that you'd never have no worth But you were always gold to me And back when we were kids We swore we knew the future And our words would take us half way 'round the world But I never left this town And you never saw New York And we ain't ever cross the sea But I am fine with where I am now This home is home, and all that I need But for you, this place is shame But you can blame me when there's no one left to blame Oh I don't mind All my life I've never known where you've been There were holes in you The kind that I could not mend And I heard you say Right when you left that day Does everything go away? Yeah, everything goes away. But I'm going to be here 'til forever So just call when you're around.

Radical Face - The Family Tree: The Roots

(Estábamos muy unidos, más que hermanos. Matarías por mí y sabes que yo haría lo mismo. Y me dolió escuchar que te habías ido. Pero todo pasa, si, todo pasa. Pero voy a estar aquí hasta que no sea nada más que huesos en el suelo. Y estaba allí cuando te inquietaste a la izquierda en la oscuridad de la noche. Y yo estaba allí, cuando tres meses después estabas de pie en la puerta toda cansada y di un paso a un lado. Pero todo pasa, si, todo pasa. Pero voy a estar aquí hasta que no sea nada más  que huesos en el suelo, así calmado. Éramos opuestos al nacer, yo era firme como un martillo, nadie se preocupaba porque sabían exactamente dónde estaría. Y me dijeron que tú eras de los que se tuercen y que nunca tendrías ningún valor. Pero tú siempre fuiste oro  para mí. Y cuando éramos niños juramos conocer el futuro y nuestras palabras nos llevarían a medio camino alrededor del mundo. Pero nunca dejé esta ciudad y tú nunca viste Nueva York y nunca hemos cruzado el mar. Pero estoy bien donde estoy ahora, esta casa es mi hogar y todo lo que necesito. Pero para ti este lugar es una vergüenza pero me puedes culpar cuando no hay nadie a quien culpar. Oh, no me importa, toda mi vida nunca he sabido dónde has estado, había agujeros en ti de esos que no podía arreglar. Y te escuché decir justo ese día cuando te fuiste  ¿Todo pasa? Sí, todo pasa. Pero voy a estar aquí siempre, así que llama cuando estés cerca.)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario