29.7.13

Upward Over the Mountain


Mother don't worry, I killed the last snake that lived in the creek bed. Mother don't worry, I've got some money I saved for the weekend. Mother remember being so stern with that girl who was with me? Mother remember the blink of an eye when I breathed through your body? So may the sunrise bring hope where it once was forgotten. Sons are like birds, flying upward over the mountain. Mother I made it up from the bruise on the floor of this prison. Mother I lost it, all of the fear of the Lord I was given. Mother forget me now that the creek drank the cradle you sang to. Mother forgive me, I sold your car for the shoes that I gave you. So may the sunrise bring hope where it once was forgotten. Sons could be birds, taken broken up to the mountain. Mother don't worry, I've got a coat and some friends on the corner. Mother don't worry, she's got a garden we're planting together. Mother remember the night that the dog had her pups in the pantry? Blood on the floor, fleas on their paws, And you cried 'til the morning. So may the sunrise bring hope where it once was forgotten. Sons are like birds, flying always over the mountain.

Iron & Wine - Norfolk

(Madre no te preocupes, maté a la última serpiente que vivía en el lecho del arroyo. Madre no te preocupes, tengo algunos ahorros para el fin de semana. ¿Madre recuerdas haber sido tan severa con esa chica que estaba conmigo? ¿Madre, recuerdas el abrir y cerrar de ojos cuando respiraba por tu cuerpo? Entonces, que la salida del sol traiga esperanza donde ha sido olvidada. Los hijos son como los pájaros volando hacia arriba sobre la montaña. Madre, logré salir del moretón en el piso de esta prisión.  Madre, perdí todo el temor que el  Señor me dio. Madre olvídame ahora que el arroyo se bebió la cuna en la que tú cantabas. Madre perdóname, vendí tu coche para comprar los zapatos que te regalé. Entonces, que la salida del sol traiga esperanza donde ha sido olvidada. Los hijos podrían ser pájaros tomados desde lo alto de la montaña. Madre no te preocupes, tengo un abrigo y unos amigos en la esquina. Madre no te preocupes, ella tiene un jardín que estamos plantando  juntos. ¿Madre recuerdas la noche en que la perra tuvo las crías en la bodega? Sangre en el suelo, las pulgas en sus patas, y lloraste hasta la mañana. Entonces, que la salida del sol traiga esperanza donde ha sido olvidada. Los hijos son como los pájaros volando siempre sobre la montaña)



(lletra:   youtube.com  Dean Moriarty)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario