10.9.13

Silvertown blues


On Silvertown Way the cranes stand high Quiet and gray against the still of the sky They won't quit and lay down thogh the action has died They watch the new game in town on the Blackwall side From the poisonous drains a vision appears A new circle of cranes, a new reason to be here A big silver dome rising up into the dawn Above the church and the homes where all the silver is gone If  I'd a bucket of gold, what would I do? I'd leave the story untold Silvertown blues Going down in Silvertown Down in Silvertown Going down in Silvertown.. Down in Silvertown A silver dawn steals over the docks A truck with no wheels up on cinderblocks Men with no dreams around a fire in a drum Scrap metal schemes rusted over and done If I'd a bucket of gold, what would i do I'd leave the story untold Silvertown blues And I'm going down in Silvertown Down in Silvertown Going down in Silvertown… Down in Silvertown When you're standing on thin and dangerous ice You can knock and walk in for citizens' advice They'll tell you where you can turn, where you can go There's nothing they can tell me I don't already know If  I'd a bucket of gold, what would do I'd leave the story untold Silvertown blues And I'm going down in Silvertown Down in Silvertown Going down in Silvertown… Down in Silvertown From the Caning Town train I see a billboard high There's a big silver plane rising up into the sky And I can make out the words 'seven flights every day' Says six of those birds are bound for J.F.K. If I'd a bucket of gold, what would do I'd leave the story untold Silvertown blues And I'm going down in Silvertown Down in Silvertown Going down in Silvertown Down in Silvertown.

Mark Knopfler – Sailing to Philadelphia

(En la calle Silvertown, las grúas siguen erguidas, silenciosas y grises contra la calma del cielo, no descansarán ni abandonarán a pesar de que la actividad ha acabado, miran la nueva diversión de la ciudad junto a la calle Blackwall. De las cloacas tóxicas aparece una visión, un nuevo círculo de grúas, una nueva razón para estar aquí, el gran pabellón de plata se levanta al amanecer sobre las iglesias y los hogares de donde la plata se ha ido, ido... ¿Si tuviera una bolsa de oro qué haría yo? Dejar la historia sin contar, Silvertown blues. Estoy paseando por Silvertown, por Silvertown, paseando por Silvertown, por Silvertown. Un amanecer plateado se desliza sobre el polvo, un trailer sin ruedas sobre ladrillos, hombres sin sueños alrededor del fuego en los muelles, trozos de metal se oxidan con el paso de la noche, noche, noche... Si tuviera una bolsa de oro..., la plata me serviría, dejar la historia sin contar, Silvertown blues. Y estoy paseando por Silvertown, por Silvertown, paseando por Silvertown, por Silvertown. Cuando te encuentras sobre una fina y peligrosa capa de hielo, podrías llamar y entrar buscando el consejo de los ciudadanos: te dirían la calle donde girar, la forma de aprender. No hay nada que ellos me puedan decir que yo no sepa aún. Si tuviera una bolsa de oro..., la plata me serviría, dejar la historia sin contar, Silvertown blues. Y estoy paseando por Silvertown, por Silvertown, estoy paseando por Silvertown, por Silvertown. Desde el tren de Canning Town veo un gran anuncio con un gran avión plateado atravesando el cielo, puedo descifrar las palabras siete vuelos al día, dice que seis de esos pájaros se dirigen al JFK, si tuviera una bolsa de oro..., la plata me serviría, dejar la historia sin contar, Silvertown blues. y estoy paseando por Silvertown, por Silvertown, estoy paseando por Silvertown, por Silvertown. Paseando por Silvertown, por Silvertown.)




(lletra: angelfire.com/music/DireStraits/index)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario